Public Hearing on Challenges of Teleworking:
organization of working time, work life balance and the right to disconnect
Via Interactio, online platform - Thursday, 07.01.2021 from 10:00 to 13:00
09:00 - 10:00 | Log on to platform / Interactio testing for speakers
10:00 - 10:20 | Welcome and introduction
- Ionuţ Sibian, EESC Study Group President
- Introduction by Carlos Trindade, EESC Rapporteur
- Ana Couto Olim, Director General for Employment and Labour Relations, Portugal
10:20 - 11:15 | Panel I – How can the EU help address the challenges linked to teleworking? Is there a need to update existing frameworks?
Moderator: Helena de Filipe Lehtonen, EESC member
- Alex Agius Saliba, MEP, Rapporteur "The right to disconnect"
- Adam Pokorny, Head of Unit, DG EMPL
- Tina Weber, Researcher Eurofound
11:15 - 11:45 | Break
11:45 - 12:45 | Panel II – Is there a need to update existing social partner agreements on telework and organisation of working time? And what role do other civil society actors play in ensuring work life balance and the right to disconnect?
Moderator: Cinzia del Rio, EESC member
- Esther Lynch, Deputy General Secretary, ETUC
- Maxime Cerutti, Director, BusinessEurope
- Elizabeth Gosme, Director, COFACE
12:45 – 13:00 | Closing remarks
- Carlos Trindade, EESC Rapporteur
Participants can speak and listen to English, French, Portuguese and Romanian