This Documents page offers access to all documents produced by the EESC. The official EESC opinions can be found using the opinion search tool. In addition, the follow-up on opinions and the summaries of the opinions adopted in each plenary session can also be found here.
All EESC publications, such as brochures and leaflets addressed to the public, as well as our main newsletter "EESC info", can be downloaded here.
If you don't know precisely what you are looking for, you might want to try the register of public documents. Most of the documents can be downloaded and some of them can also be ordered in paper format.
If you would like to receive our newsletter "EESC info" (on paper or electronically), or news about new publications, summaries of plenary sessions, opinions or press releases, subscribe to our mailing list.
If you have difficulties in finding a specific document via this page, please contact the webmaster.
The EESC considers that there is an enormous need for a social investment package to counter poverty and promote employment. Implementing such a package requires:
- creating an investment programme amounting to 2% of GDP;
- identifying new sources of revenue;
- including social investments in the Europe 2020 Strategy and the European Semester;
- considering excluding social investments from the calculation of net government deficits; and
- finding the right tools to measure the effects of such investments