VACANCY NOTICE No. CESE/END/C3-INT/02/2020 (EN)
concerning position of Seconded National Expert (M/F) (administrator level)
Directorate C - Legislative work
Unit INT - Single Market, Production and Consumption
Selection procedure under Article 2 of Decision 263/12A, governing the secondment of national experts to the EESC
Duration of secondment: 2 years, renewable
Expected date of secondment: April/May 2021 (indicative)
Closing date for receipt of applications by the EESC: Information for applicants and selection procedure: 1st February 2021 at noon (Brussels time)
1. Description of the unit's mission
Who we are:
Part of Directorate C (Legislative work), we are a dynamic team of 13 people operating as a policy and administrative secretariat to the EESC INT Section, a body of 125 EESC members coming from all sectors of civil society and Member States. The team works directly with the members of the section, its president and bureau. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely also with CCMI (Industrial change) unit which follows industrial issues.
What we do:
We provide the political and logistical support and guidance that members need for designing and pursuing EESC activities and initiatives related with circular economy and industrial policy.
The EESC is an important actor in the field of circular economy and industrial policy. We are in the privileged and unique position of operating at the interface between civil society, governments and EU institutions.
What we offer:
- a friendly, dynamic working environment where a sense of initiative, creativity, flexibility and team spirit are highly valued;
- the opportunity to work in a team directly involved in political activities at the heart of the EESC's work and mission;
- a genuine opportunity to build and boost networks of contacts in EU institutions and civil society
- access to great in-house and Commission vocational training; and
- work-life balance arrangements: flexible working hours and telework
For more information see annex in downloads.