- welcomes this package of measures;
- recognises that need to pay particular attention to the situation of smaller EU Member States, Cyprus, Ireland and Malta in particula;
- stresses in particular the central role of a functioning, fair and efficient internal market;
- welcomes the packaging requirements for UK products included in the package;
- draws attention to the need for a timely and sustainable solution, which should be developed within the framework of the European Pharmaceutical Strategy.
Waste transport can involve hazardous materials that are harmful to human health and the environment. The EU therefore has rules in place on waste shipments (Regulation 1013/2006) and the Commission intends to review the EU rules on waste shipments.