09.00 a.m. - 09.30 a.m. | Registration and coffee
09.30 a.m. - 09.40 a.m. | Opening remarks
- Marie Zvolská, Study Group on Disability Rights, European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
09.40 a.m. - 12.30 p.m. | Communicating Disability Rights - Panellists will be asked to reply to the following questions:
What is the role of the media in raising awareness on disability rights and combating stigma towards persons with disability?
How can the media help in portraying persons with disability in a manner consistent with a human rights approach to disability?
What can be done to enhance the voice of persons with disability in the Media?
Moderator: Gunta Anča, Study Group on Disability Rights (EESC)
- Iannis Vardakastanis, member, Study Group on Disability Rights, European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- André Felix, European Disability Forum (EDF)
- Wouter Gekiere, European Broadcasting Union (EBU)
- Jan Kooy, Human Rights Watch
- Zdena Štěpánková, Foundation for support of employment of persons with disabilities
- Milica Pešić, Media Diversity Institute
- Adam Harris, AsIAm.ie Association
Open floor discussion with participants
A coffee break will take place mid-morning
12.30 p.m. - 12.45 | Conclusions
- Marie Zvolská, Study Group on Disability Rights, (EESC)
Join the discussion online:#EESC #DisabilityRights
Interpretation requested from French, English, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish and Bulgarian into French, English, Italian, Czech and Polish
International sign language interpretation provided