Lead and supporting government bodies:
- The Prime Minister has taken the lead in coordinating and managing the strategy, helped by the Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- The Ministry of Finance must ensure complementarity between NSDS implementation and formal economic policies.
- In October 2017, Italy published a National Strategy on Sustainable Development that covers the period from 2017 to 2030.
- The National Strategy on Sustainable Development is directly inspired by the SDGs and their targets. It sets non-numerical objectives for Italy and highlights important tools for achieving them in areas that relate to Agenda 2030's five "Ps": people, planet, prosperity, peace and partnership.
- It will refer to the annual National Reform Programme, which takes into account long-term objectives.
Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals:
SDG implementation is coordinated by a directorate attached to the Prime Minister's Office.