Lead and supporting government bodies:
The Development Council chaired by the Prime Minister, which is contained within the Council of Ministers, is in charge of the political supervision of the implementation of the National Development Programme.
On an operational level implementation and reporting is supervised by the Coordination Committee chaired by the Ministry of Finance.
- Bulgaria adopted the "National Development Programme: Bulgaria 2020" to align itself with the aims & objectives of the Europe 2020 strategy.
- Bulgaria adopted the "National Development Programme: Bulgaria 2020" to align itself with the aims & objectives of the Europe 2020 strategy. It does not mention the SDGs.
- On June 2018, the Council of Ministers adopted a decree ordering the Development Council to develop a 'National Development Programme: Bulgaria 2030' by December 2020.
- On January 2019, the Minister of Finance presented to the Development Council a concept of the Programme. It specifies that special attention should be given to the United Nations' Sustainable Development Program for the 2030s
Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals:
- No inforlmation except that responsibility for SDGs rests with individual ministries.