- supports the FISCUS proposal in general terms
- calls to ensure that national customs and tax administrations are sufficiently equipped to answer the challenges of the next decade, including an up to date and efficient IT system.
- would like to see more detailed assessments of the impact on the EU and Member States governments’ budgets.
- believes that it is important for the Commission to be able to demonstrate that Member States will make substantial savings in the FISCUS budget compared with the arrangements for present activities.
- calls for more active integration of customs practices.
- notes that an essential part of the new programme is to improve training and the efficacy of training for Member States officials .