8.30 a.m. Registration
9 - 9.45 a.m. Inaugural Session
- Mr Luca Jahier, President of the Various Interests Group of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- Mr René Collin, Minister of the Walloon Government responsible for the Walloon Representation to the Greater Region, Walloon Presidency-in office of the Summit of the Greater Region (t.b.c.)
- M. Robert Goebbels, Former Member of European Parliament
- Mr Marco Wagener, Vice President of the ESC of Luxembourg
9.45 – 10 a.m. Keynote speech: 'The Untapped Potential of Macro-regional Strategies'
- Mr Etele Baráth, President of the Europe 2020 Steering Committee of the EESC
10 – 10.50 a.m. Delivering smart growth through integrated cross-border strategies
- Chair: Mr. Yves Somville, Member of the Various Interests Group of the EESC and President of the ACP-EU Follow-up Committee of the EESC
- Prof. Dr. Luciënne Blessing, Director of the University of the Greater Region
- Ms Hilke van den Elsen, Coordinator of the interregional Labour Market Observatory (OIE) of the Greater Region
10.50 - 11.40 p.m. Promoting a sustainable economy at the trans-regional level
- Chair: Mr Lutz Ribbe, Member of the Various Interests Group of the EESC and Vice-President of the Sustainable Development Observatory of the EESC
- Gérard Bahloul, Head of Mission for the Region of Lorraine, presentation of the project 'Greater Region GreenTech Network'
11.40-12.30 p.m. Investing in inclusive growth, a cohesive economy and partnership
- Chair: Ms. Ariane Rodert, Vice-President of the Various Interests Group of the EESC
- Mr Philippe Ledent, President of the Economic and Social Council of the Greater Region
- Maria Greindl-Ramirez , Project Manager ULESS, presentation of the project "How to promote prevention against over-indebtedness amongst children"
12.30 – 2 p.m. Buffet lunch hosted by the President of the Various Interests Group of the EESC
2 p.m. End of Conference