- Press Release and Memo on the European Commission' trade and investment strategy "Trade for all" (in English)
- Reflection Paper on Harnessing Globalisation
- Overview of FTA and other Trade negotiations (updated April 2019)
- Press release: EU trade agreements deliver on growth and jobs, support sustainable development. DG Trade, October 31, 2018
- Press release: Trade supports over 36 million jobs across the EU (study). European Commission, November 27, 2018
- International trade and globalisation
- Finding the right balance across EU FTAs: benefits and risks for EU economic sectors
- Love, Patrick and Ralph Lattimore (2009), Trade and Growth, in International Trade: Free, Fair and Open?, OECD Publishing. 15 p.
- OECD (2018), The importance of global value chains, in OECD Compendium of Productivity Indicators 2018, pp. 76-77
- The world trade comeback. Trade growth will once again outpace GDP growth. Raoul Leering. ING Commercial Banking. April 2015
- Does trade cause growth? Esteban Ortiz-Ospina, Our World in Data (University of Oxford), October 22, 2018
- Openness and economic growth: a comparative study of alternative trading regimes. Rosa Capolupo & Giuseppe Celi. Économie internationale 116 (2008), p. 5-36
- A History of Empirical Literature on the Relationship Between Trade and Growth. Jean-Jacques Hallaert, Mondes en développement no 135, no. 3 (2006). p. 63–77
- Trade and Economic Growth: A Re-examination of the Empirical Evidence. Matthias Busse and Jens Königer. HWWI Research paper 123. Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI). April 2012. 24 p.
- Trade and Productivity. Alcala, F. and Ciccone, A. The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 05/01/2004, Vol.119(2), pp.613-646
- Does Trade Cause Growth? Jeffrey A. Frankel and David Romer. The American Economic Review. Vol. 89, No. 3 (Jun., 1999), pp. 379-399
EU related papers
- The EU Single Market: Impact on Member States. Study by LE Europe for the American Chamber of Commerce to the EU (AmCham EU). February 2017. 134 p.
- Economic Effects of the European Single Market - Review of the empirical literature. Kommerskollegium (Sweden. National Board of Trade). Erik Dahlberg. May 2015. 46 p.
- How important are EU exports for jobs in the EU? Zornitsa Kutlina-Dimitrova et al., DG Trade. Chief Economist Note, no. 4 (November 2018). 28 p.
- Consumer benefits from EU trade liberalisation: How much did we save since the Uruguay Round? Lucian Cernat, Daphné Gérard, Oscar Guinea and Lorenzo Isella. Chief Economist Note. February 2018. 24 p.
- 2017 Growth Strategy – European Union. June 2017
- EU Exports to the world: Overview of effects on employment and income. José M. Rueda-Cantuche (DG JRC), Nuno Sousa (DG TRADE). Chief Economist Note. February 2016
Other relevant papers
- How much can trade really tell us about growth? J. Adair Turner. World Economic Forum. July 2014
- Economic Integration, Foreign Investment and International Trade: The Effects of Membership of the European Union. Randolph Bruno et al. CEP Discussion Paper. Centre for Economic Performance, LSE, November 2017. 36 p.
- International Trade: Does Europe Protect? Contrasting Views of Pascal Lamy and Mogens Peter Carl. Interview carried out by Elvire Fabry. Institut Jacques Delors. March 2018. 37 p.
- New challenges for the European Union's trade policy. Olivier de Laroussilhe. Fondation Robert Schuman. European Issue n°502. 11.02.2019
- The case for free trade. Cecília Hornok and Miklós Koren, VoxEU.org, May 7, 2016.