Lead and supporting government bodies:
- The process of coordination and implementation of the Agenda 2030 on the national level is led by the Ministry of the Environment.
- Ministry of the Environment is consulting the Government Council for Sustainable Development.
- All other ministries are involved in the implementation of the SD strategy.
- The Strategic Framework Czech Republic 2030, adopted in April 2017, is the core document of the administration for sustainable development and improvement of the quality of life. In six key areas, it summarises where stands currently the development of the Czech Republic, where are the risks and opportunities. It formulates strategic and specific objectives for each sector. In addition to the traditional three pillars of development (social, environmental and economic), the key areas are focusing on living in regions and municipalities, on the Czech contribution to global development and good governance.
- The main implementation tools of the Agenda 2030 are linked to implementation of the Strategic Framework, to which all SDGs were directly integrated. The Strategic Framework sets 27 specific goals for the Czech republic which cover all the 17 SDGs.
- In April 2018, an Implementation Plan for the Strategic Framework Czech Republic 2030 was developed. This Implementation Plan sets out a set of recommendations and measures for each of the 27 specific goals for the Czech Republic and applies to the responsible gestures (most often the competent ministry). The implementation plan was approved by the Government Council for Sustainable Development and adopted by the Government in mid-October 2018.
- It serves as a converter for the implementation of individual SDGs for national administrations, including the identification of links to the strategic framework Czech Republic 2030 itself and gaps between the sub-objectives of the Agenda, which are not covered by the Czech Republic 2030.
- The main tool for tracking the compatibility of the goals at different levels is the regularly updated Database of Strategies, which is an online platform linking goals and targets of various strategies and which is also linked with data sources of indicators. The Framework will be regularly reviewed and the minimum interval for revision has been defined as every five years.
Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals:
- The Strategic Framework is the overarching government document for national, regional and local levels. At the same time, it serves as a transfer mechanism for the Czech Republic's commitments to the European Union and the global community on sustainable development. It sets six long-term priority areas for the development of the Czech Republic and formulates strategic and specific objectives.
- In October 2018, an Implementation Plan for the Strategic Framework Czech Republic 2030 was adopted.