- welcomes the proposal since it strikes a balance between the need to develop technologies with a low environmental impact (Euro 5 type-approval step) and the actual ability of some companies to introduce these within the stipulated timeframe (technical feasibility);
- believes that the legislation will have a beneficial effect on the costs to companies and, consequently, on those borne by consumers;
- is in favour of renewing the Commission's power to adopt delegated acts for a further period of five years;
- sees this as a crucial condition for a timely adjustment of the legislation in force to keep pace with constant technological and market developments affecting the sector;
- recommends that the Commission instigate an additional study as soon as possible on the energy consumption of category L1e-A and L1e-B vehicles so the industry has a clear legal framework;
- endorses the Commission's proposal to postpone the application of the Euro 5 emissions limits for light quadricycles (L6e-B), three-wheel mopeds (L2eU), trial motorcycles (L3e-AxT) and enduro motorcycles (L3e-AxE);
- recommends extending this derogation to 2024, as initially envisaged by the impact assessment.
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat.