See EESC opinion in all languages under Related documents at the end of this page.
Europe's economic recovery can only be achieved if SME policy is high on the agenda of European policy makers. The EESC therefore considers that:
- Member States should also implement the action plan, develop guarantee funds and use Structural Funds for financial instruments.
- The Basel III proposals must be properly implemented in Europe with the forthcoming CRD IV Directive.
- The European venture capital market should be boosted.
The EESC supports the proposal to simplify and make more transparent the EU Debt Financial Instrument and EU Equity Financial Instrument under the forthcoming Multiannual Financial Framework Programme.
Earlier EESC opinions:
- Financing structures for SMEs in the context of the current financial situation
(CESE 1159/2010, INT/479, own-initiative opinion)
- Micro-credit (CESE 1503/2008, INT/423)
- Policy measures for SMEs (CESE 1187/2008, INT/390, exploratory opinion)
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat