14:30 | Welcome
- Peter Schmidt, NAT Section President, EESC
- Marjolein De Backer, Senior Associate, Dechert LLP and counsel to the Fair Trade Advocacy Office
14:50 | Keynote speech
- Olivier Guersent, Director-General, DG COMP, European Commission
15:15 | Fireside chat
This fireside chat aims to explore the variety of definition of the concept of sustainability and explore the interlinkage between the environmental and social dimensions of sustainability.
- Alex Assanvo, Executive Secretary, Ghana and Ivory Coast Cocoa Initiative
- Frederic Jenny, Chairman, OECD Competition Committee
15:35 | Panel 1 – Competition Law in Times of Corporate Due Diligence: How to reach a coherent approach?
This panel aims to broaden the topic beyond competition law and take into account other regulatory instruments that could help or hinder sustainability initiatives.
- Suzanne Kingston, Judge, General Court of the European Union
- Martijn Snoep, Chairman, Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets
- Claude Gruffat, Member, European Parliament
- Isabelle Schömann, Confederal Secretary, European Trade Union Confederation ETUC
Moderator: Bernd Meyring, President, Global Competition Law Centre of the College of Europe
16:25 | Bridging Speech
This speech aims to provide an overview of the adopted and upcoming guidance and regulation with regards to competition law and sustainability.
16:45 | Panel 2 – Concrete initiatives and practical issues
This panel will present recent sustainability initiatives considered and/or implemented by companies, and explore the issues faced. It will also aim to give practical advice as to how to structure and manage a competition law compliant sustainability initiative.
- Jeroen Capiau, Policy Officer, DG COMP, European Commission
- Felix Engelsing, Division Chairman, Bundeskartellamt
- Dirk Middelschulte, VP Global General Counsel Competition, Unilever
- Stephan Jermendy, Manager Corporate Responsibility International, ALDI SOUTH Group
Moderator: Adina Claici, Director, Global Competition Law Centre of the College of Europe
17:35 | Closing remarks
- Giuseppe Guerini, INT Section Member, EESC and rapporteur of the opinions Report on Competition Policy 2020 & State Aid / Health and Social Services
- Sergi Corbalán, Executive Director of the Fair Trade Advocacy Office
Interpretation available in EN, FR and DE.