09:00 Opening and Welcome speech
- Ariane Rodert, President of the Section for Single Market, Production and Consumption, EESC
09:15 Keynote speech: A New Deal for Consumers: improving the implementation of financial services legislation
- Renatas Mazeika, Head of Unit, Consumer Policy, DG JUST, European Commission
- Othmar Karas, MEP, Member of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee (ECON)
09:40 Panel 1: How close are we to "a genuine technology-enabled Single Market for retail financial services where consumers can get the best deals while being well protected"?
A discussion on progress and next steps related to the Action Plans on Consumer Financial Services and FinTech
- Peter Kerstens, Adviser, DG FISMA, European Commission
- Cătălin Sorin Ivan, MEP, shadow rapporteur on FinTech: the influence of technology on the future of the financial sector
- Karen Ghysels, Director, European Consumer Centre
- Evangelia Kekeleki, Secretary-general of the Greek Consumers' Protection Centre (KEPKA) and EESC Member
- Luke Ryder, Director, External Engagement at Barclays, ERFF member
Moderation: Petru Sorin Dandea, EESC Member and Rapporteur on the FinTech action plan
10:45 Coffee break
11:00 Panel 2: Building transparency & trust for a sustainable future
A discussion linked to the Action Plan on Financing Sustainable Growth (Actions 1 (taxonomy), 2 (standards & labels) and 4 (incorporating sustainability in financial advice), and also broader issues of transparency, clear & simple advice and products, building consumer trust in the financial industry and encouraging saving & investment.
- Agnes Le Thiec, Directorate C, Capital Markets Union, DG FISMA, European Commission
- Molly Scott Cato, MEP, Member of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee (ECON) Rapporteur on sustainable finance
- Michael Ikrath, EESC Member and Rapporteur of the EESC opinion on the "Consumer Financial Services Action Plan: Better products and more choice for European consumers"
- Nina Lazic, Research & Advocacy Officer in charge of sustainable finance, Finance Watch
- Klaus Bergsmann, Head of Group Sustainability Office, Erste Group Bank
- Carlos Trias Pintó, EESC Member and Rapporteur of Sustainable Finances Action Plan and of the Regulation on disclosures and advisement (fiduciary duties), Co-Rapporteur of the EESC opinion on the "Consumer Financial Services Action Plan: Better products and more choice for European consumers"
12:00 Closing keynote
- Reine-Claude Mader, EESC Member
12.30 Lunch and networking
Participants can speak in English, French and German and listen to English and French