9h-9h30: Welcoming participants and coffee
9h30-9h35: Introductory remarks by Ms Jacqueline Mugo, Member of the ACP-EU follow up Committee
9h35-10h45: Opening session – The role of the civil society in the Africa-EU relations
- Taking stock of the role played by civil society in the 2014-2018 period, unit for Pan-African affairs, Mr Domenico Rosa, DG DEVCO, European Commission.
- EU proposal on the Africa-EU 2018-2020 Action Plan, Mr Domenico Rosa, DG DEVCO, European Commission.
- State of play of the EU External Investment Plan, DG DEVCO, Mr Paulus Geraedts, DG DEVCO, European Commission.
Debate with contributions from participants
10h45-13h15: Session 1 Economics: African youth, a driver for economic development
Moderator: Ms Dilyana Slavova, President of the EESC External Relations section (REX)
- Presentation of the project "Youth Emplyment and Skills development", by Mr Fahiz Diallo, young entrepreneur, Burkina Faso.
- High Value Crops and Horticulture crops, presentation of the project supporting a community of Farmers in Swaziland, Mr Ray M. Gama, Manager, Swaziland Water & Agricultural Development Enterprise Ltd (SWADE).
- Training and professional youth employment insertion supported by the Malagasy agricultural profession, Mr Thierry Dedieu, Secrétaire général adjoint, conseil national de l’enseignement agricole privé, France.
- Female entrepreneurship, Ms Kate Kibarah, Kenya.
13h15-14h30: Lunch provided by the EESC
14h30-17h00: Session 2 Migration: the outlook for African youth
Moderator: Rose Auma Omamo, Member of the ACP-EU Follow up Committee
- African migrations: intraregional and international migration flows Mr Eugenio Ambrosi, Regional Director for European Economic Area (EEA), the European Union and the NATO, International Organisation for Migration (IOM).
- How Immigrants Contribute to Developing Countries' Economies, Mr Theodoor Sparreboom, ILO/OECD.
- Migrant workers: the experience of the African Trade Union Migration Network, Ms Fambaye Ndoye, focal point on migration, Union Nationale des Syndicats Autonomes du Sénégal.
- Economic and social rights of migrants, Ms Paulina Diouf, Asociación Catalana de Residentes Senegaleses (ACRS).
17h00-17h30: Coffee break
17h30-18h00: Adoption of final declaration
Mr Jaloslaw Mulewicz, President of the ACP-EU Follow-up Committee