Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
It is my pleasure to invite you to the 559th EESC Plenary Session.
On Wednesday 24 March at 2.45 p.m., we will hold a debate on the European Disability Rights Strategy with Helena Dalli, European Commissioner for Equality.
On the same day at 4 p.m., our Members will have a discussion with Olivér Várhelyi, European Commissioner for Neighbourhood and Enlargement, on Enhancing the accession process – A credible EU perspective for the Western Balkans.
On Thursday, 25 March, at 10 a.m., Valdis Dombrovskis, Executive Vice-President of the European Commission for An Economy that Works for People, will share with us Trade Policy challenges ahead and the state of play for a socially inclusive economic recovery.
I will be glad to welcome you at our plenary session. To that end, I invite you to use webstreaming, which will allow you to follow all the votes and discussions remotely.
The EESC plenary session on social media: to take part in the online discussions, follow @EU_EESC or the hashtag #EESCplenary. You can also post on our Facebook page via https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanEconomicAndSocialCommittee/ where the plenary session is announced. Don't forget that the plenary session is also streamed. Are your networks and organisations interested in our discussions? Let them know!
News from the ESCs
- ESC of Greece (OKE): Mr Ioannis Paidas was elected new president of the Greek ESC for the 2021-2024 term.
Main opinions to be discussed during the upcoming session (24-25 March 2021)
- Critical raw materials resilience: charting a path towards greater security and sustainability (CCMI/177), Mr Fornea (GR. II – RO)
- Sustainability requirements for batteries in the EU (CCMI/178), Mr Choix (GR. I – FR)
- Tackling non-performing loans in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic (ECO/540), Mr Kupšys (GR. III – LT)
- Challenges of teleworking: organisation of working time, work-life balance and the right to disconnect (SOC/660), Mr Trindade (GR. II – PT)
- Teleworking and gender equality: conditions so that teleworking does not exacerbate the unequal distribution of unpaid care and domestic work between women and men and for it to be an engine for promoting gender equality (SOC/662), Ms Angelova (GR. I – BG)
- State of the Energy Union Report 2020 and Assessment of National Energy and Climate Plans (TEN/724), Mr Ribbe (GR. III – DE)
- The Single European Railway Area (TEN/727), Mr Back (GR. I – SE)
- Enhancing the accession process – A credible EU perspective for the Western Balkans (REX/533), Mr Zorko (GR. II –SI).
Main opinions adopted during the previous session (24-25 February 2021)
- Summary of adopted opinions
- Package for fair and simple taxation (ECO/531), Mr Andersson (GR. I – SE)
- A Capital Markets Union for people and businesses – new action plan (ECO/533), Mr Bollon (GR. I – FR)
- A Digital Finance Strategy for the EU (ECO/534), Mr Dandea (GR. II – RO)
- Crypto-assets and distributed ledger technology (ECO/535), Mr Guerini (GR. III – IT)
- Digital operational resilience (ECO/536), Mr García Del Riego (GR. I – ES)
- The Annual Sustainable Growth Strategy 2021 (ECO/537), Mr Balon (GR. III – PL)
- Brexit Adjustment Reserve (ECO/542), Mr Marin (GR. II – RO)
- Asylum management under the New Pact on Migration and Asylum (SOC/669), Mr Dimitriadis (GR. I – EL)
- Asylum procedures under the New Pact on Migration and Asylum (SOC/670), Mr Gkofas (GR. III – EL)
- A Renovation Wave for Europe (TEN/723), Mr Coulon (GR. II – FR)
- Building a European Health Union, 29 March 2021
- COVID-19 vaccination rollout and persons with disabilities, 30 March 2021
- Co-creation of the services of general interest: The Role of Citizens and their Organizations, 15 April 2021
- Portugal's Presidency of the Council of the European Union
- The EESC's activities during the Portuguese Presidency (January-June 2021)
- Civil Society Days 2021: A sustainable recovery for the Future of Europe's Citizens, 1-5 March 2021
- Infrastructures at the heart of the Africa-EU comprehensive strategy, 2 March 2021
- Fundamental rights, the rule of law and the post-COVID-19 recovery, 9 March 2021
- The economic impact of organised crime and money laundering - How does the Covid-19 crisis aggravate the problems?,10 March 2021
- Civil Society Organisations during and after COVID-19: what challenges and what future?, 12 March 2021
- New EU strategy on adaptation to climate change, 15 March 2021
- Europe's media action plan, 16 March 2021
- European democracy action plan, 17 March 2021
- Union of equality: EU anti-racism action plan 2020-2025, 18 March 2021
- Your Europe, Your Say! 2021: Our climate, our future !, 18-20 March 2021