Dear Madam, dear Sir,
It is my pleasure to invite you to the 562nd EESC Plenary Session.
As of 1 July, Slovenia has taken the lead of the presidency of the Council of the EU. Therefore, on Thursday 8 July at 10 a.m. we will get acquainted with its priorities, presented by Anže Logar, the country's Minister of Foreign Affairs.
On Wednesday 7 July at 2.45 p.m. we will hold a debate on A post-Covid economy that works for all - Towards a well-being economy? with Tim Jackson, economist; Fabrice Murtin, economist; Sandrine Dixson-Declève, co-president of the Club of Rome, and James Watson, ECON Director at Business Europe.
On the same day at 5 p.m., Jayant Narayan, who is managing the World Economic Forum’s Global AI Action Alliance, will present his views on Artificial Intelligence and Real Values: Our Digital Future.
I will be glad to welcome you at our plenary session. To that end, I invite you to use webstreaming, which will allow you to follow all the votes and discussions remotely.
The EESC plenary session on social media: to take part in the online discussions, follow @EU_EESC or the hashtag #EESCplenary. You can also post on our Facebook page via https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanEconomicAndSocialCommittee/ where the plenary session is announced. Don't forget that the plenary session is also streamed. Are your networks and organisations interested in our discussions? Let them know!
News from the ESCs
Main opinions to be discussed during the upcoming session (7-8 July 2021)
- Review of the Roaming Regulation (INT/934), Mr Lefèvre (GR II – FR)
- NextGenerationEU funding strategy (ECO/548), Ms Vorbach (GR II – AT)
- The European Pillar of Social Rights Action Plan (SOC/679), Mr Pȋrvulescu (GR III – RO)
- Strategy for the rights of persons with disabilities (SOC/680), Mr Vardakastanis (GR III – EL)
- EU Strategy on the Rights of the Child/European Child Guarantee (SOC/682), Ms Joó (GR III – HU)
- Action Plan on synergies between civil, defence and space industries (CCMI/179), Mr García Salgado (GR II – ES)
- Intermodal transport and multimodal logistics – making modes complementary in greening transport (own-initiative opinion) (TEN/747), Mr Back (GR I – SE)
- Trade Policy Review - An Open, Sustainable and Assertive Trade Policy (REX/539), Mr Vuori (GR I – FI)
- New EU Strategy on Adaptation to Climate Change (NAT/815), Mr Dimitriadis (GR I – EL)
Main opinions adopted during the previous session (9-10 June 2021)
- Summary of adopted opinions
- Binding pay transparency measures (SOC/678), Mr Ristelä (GR II – FI)
- Europe's beating cancer plan (SOC/677), Ms Bogusz (GR III – PL)
- Implementation of the Charter of Fundamental Rights (SOC/671), Mr Pȋrvulescu (GR III – RO)
- European democracy action plan (SOC/672), Mr Trindade (GR II – PT)
- Evaluation – 2011 White Paper on Transport (TEN/728), Mr Coulon (GR II – FR)
- Towards circular public procurement (INT/902), Mr Wyckmans (GR II – BE)
- No Green Deal without a Social Deal (INT/903), Mr Kluge (GR II – DE)
- European economic and financial system: fostering openness, strength and resilience (ECO/544), Mr Wróblewski (GR I – PL)
- The EESC at the 2021 High-Level Political Forum on sustainable development, New York, 6-15 July 2021
- The role of Critical Raw Materials to form a strong industrial base, 13 July 2021
- Youth Climate and Sustainability Round Table, 13 July 2021
- Anticipation of structural and sectoral change, 15 July 2021
- COVID-19 and emergency measures to support employment and income: good practices and remaining challenges, 15 July 2021
- Slovenia's Presidency of the Council of the European Union
- The EESC's activities during the Slovenian Presidency (July-December 2021)
- Kick-off event in the framework of the Conference on the Future of Europe "Bringing the European project back to citizens", 10 June 2021
- Implementation of the EU action plan for the development of organic production, 11 June 2021
- Webinar of the Digital Transition and the Single Market Observatory, 14 June 2021
- Towards a holistic strategy on sustainable and equitable rural and urban development, 18 June 2021
- Advertising for modern, responsible consumption, 21 June 2021
- Strategic Foresight and EU Decision-Making - Economic Aspects, 22 June 2021
- The impact of the Covid-19 crisis on the Roma community: identifying measures how this can be addressed, 22 June 2021