8.30 Registration of participants and coffee
8.45 Welcome and introduction
- Ioannis VARDAKASTANIS, President of the EESC study group on "Just Transition Fund (JTF) and amendments to the Common Provisions Regulation", group "Diversity Europe", European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
8.50 Presentation of the EESC opinion on "Just Transition Fund and amendments to the Common Provisions Regulation"
- Ester VITALE, Rapporteur, EESC
- Petr ZAHRADNIK, Co-rapporteur, EESC
9.10 Transition Challenges from the de-lignitisation: Views and future actions from the local authorities
Moderator: Ioannis VARDAKASTANIS
Questions to the speakers:
- Do you agree with the scope of JTF?
- What is the role of the local authorities in the contribution of the just transition plans?
- How local authorities can be more actively involved in the process of the JTF
- Georgios KASAPIDIS, Governor of the Region of Western Macedonia
- Lazaros MALOUTAS, Mayor of the Municipality of Kozani
- Panagiotis PLAKENTAS, Mayor of the Municipality of Eordaia (Ptolemaida)
- Ioannis VOSKOPOULOS, Mayor of the Municipality of Florina
- Anthimos BITAKIS, Mayor of the Municipality of Amyntaio
- Charalampos KIOURTSIDIS, Head of Special Managing Authority of Operational Programme, Region of Western Macedonia
- Eleftherios IOANNIDIS, former Mayor of the Municipality of Kozani
- Efrosyni NTIO, President of the Regional Council of Western Macedonia
10.45 Transition Challenges from the de-lignitisation: Views and concerns from the Civil Society Organisations
Moderator: Ester VITALE
Questions to the speakers:
- How organised civil society can contribute to just transition?
- Do you think that partnership arrangements with all relevant stakeholders will make transition smoother?
- Are there any other measures that you think that will support the transition process?
- Nikolaos SARRIS, President, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Kozani
- Athanasios DRAGATSIKAS, President of Kozani's Commercial Chamber
- Aris KOURKOUTAS, President of the Union's Centre of Kozani
- Anastasios TSILFIDIS, President of the Union's Centre of Ptolemaida
- Vassilis KOUTSIANOS, President of the Regional federation of Persons with Disabilities of Western Macedonia
- Anastasios SIDIROPOULOS, Programme Director, ANKO S.A
- Theodoros THEODOULIDIS, Rector of the University of Western Macedonia
- Nikolaos NTAVOS, Manager of Cluster of Bioenergy & Environment of Western Macedonia
- Kleanthis AKTENIZOGLOU, Observatory of de-lignitisation
- Athanasios MASTORAS, General Secretary of SPARTAKOS Union
12.00 General debate
12.30 Views from Representatives of the Hellenic Parliament
Moderator: Petr ZAHRADNIK
- Kalliopi VETTA, Member of the Hellenic Parliament, SYRIZA
- Theopisti PERKA, Member of the Hellenic Parliament, SYRIZA
- Michalis PAPADOPOULOS, Member of the Hellenic Parliament, Nea Dimokratia
- Ioannis ANTONIADIS, Member of the Hellenic Parliament, Nea Dimokratia
12.50 Concluding remarks
13.00 Networking lunch for the participants
Interpreting from : EL/EN/FR/IT
into : EL/EN/FR/IT