The importance of SMEs for the growing of EU economy is an undeniable fact, they are the backbone of the EU economy. Thus, boosting the competitiveness of the SMEs is a key to fostering growth and job creation.
The main objective of the study will be to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the EU policies for SMEs as to draw conclusions with regard to the results achieved and the ways the effectiveness can be improved and to outline the opportunities and challenges for enhancing a better and more efficient policy making in the future.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The study shall look into at least the following aspects of SME policy, as formulated by the SME Envoys:
- Creation of business friendly environment
- Promotion of entrepreneurship
- Improving access to new markets and internationalisation
- Facilitating access to finance
- Supporting SME competitiveness and innovation
- Provision of key support networks and information for SMEs.
The study shall examine and analyse inter alia the following issues:
- the relevance of the current SME policies and policy approaches to the needs of the SMEs,
- the adequacy of such policies and policy approaches in light of the current economic situation and the constantly changing economic/business environment,
- the degree in which the stated goals of such policies and policy approaches have been achieved so far,
- whether, and how, SME policy/policies can best recognise and account for the fact that the SME category is not a homogenous one (for instance in terms of size, field of activity, ownership and legal form).
The study should be carried out in English and include case studies from at least the following Member States: Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Italy, Austria. Each case study should focus on one of the following challenges: creation of business friendly environment; promotion of entrepreneurship; improving access to new markets and internationalisation; facilitating access to finance; supporting SME competitiveness and innovation.
- Launch of the invitation to tender: estimated timing is between 23 August and 26 August 2016.
- Deadline for submission of offers: 2 calendar weeks following the launching of invitation to tender
- Contract award: estimated timing is end of September 2016.
Send your expression of interest to participate or request for information to the following mail box (before the deadline mentioned below)