Employment of persons with disabilities: how can we change society's view
09:00 - 09:30 | Registration and coffee
09:30 - 09:40 | Opening remarks
- Marie Zvolská, Study Group on "Disability Rights", European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
09:40 - 12:30 | Employment of persons with disability: how can we change society's view?
Panellists will be asked to reply to the following questions:
- What can be done, to change the view of society on persons with disability in the field of employment?
- What are the key elements of success of your initiative/ programme?
- What could be changed in the existing framework to make it more effective?
- Matthieu Chatelin, European Disability Forum (EDF)
- Javier Güemes, National Organization of the Blind (ONCE), Spain
- Elisa Molino, Apple
- Hana Velecká, Disability and Inclusion, European Commission
- Andreea Calbeaza, Microsoft
- Angelique Rubin Hardy, International Disability Development Consortium (IDDC)
- Francois Carbonez, Light of the World
- Gunta Anča, Sustento
- Levko Butrij, Transfer Multisort Elektronik Sp. z o.o, Poland
Open floor discussion with participants
A coffee break will take place mid-morning
12:30 – 12:45 | Conclusions
- Krzysztof Pater, Labour Market Observatory (LMO), European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
Interpretation requested from French, English, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish & Bulgarian into French, English, Italian, Czech and Polish
International sign language interpretation provided
Join the discussion online: #EESC #DisabilityRights