- supports the proposed shift from a directive to a regulation;
- urges the Commission, the Parliament and the Council to adopt a suitable and ambitious timeline for adoption of the delegated and implementing acts;
- believes that an effective and straightforward system for coordination and cooperation between all the parties involved, especially the Member States' activities, is essential;
- welcomes further clarification and simplification of the procedures and requirements impacting on small and medium enterprises, together with niche markets, spare parts and components;
- recommends that the type-approval of aftermarket products impacting on safety and environmental performances be duly considered and regulated.
Other relevant EESC opinions:
- Opinions on automotive industry
- CARS 2020 - An Action Plan for a competitive and sustainable automotive industry in Europe
- Approval of motor vehicles
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat.