The European Economic and Social Committee is organising a Stakeholder Summit on Artificial Intelligence in cooperation with the European Commission. The event will bring together businesses, academia, workers, citizens, policy makers and NGOs to discuss the next steps to advance the EU strategy on AI.
In two plenary sessions and three parallel working groups speakers and participants will be invited to give their input on the three pillars of the EU strategy on AI: Industrial competitiveness, Socio-economic impact and Legal and ethical challenges
- Mariya Gabriel, EU commissioner for Digital Economy and Society
- Catelijne Muller, EESC rapporteur on Artificial Intelligence
- Mady Delvaux, MEP and rapporteur on AI
- Eric Horvitz, technical fellow & director, Microsoft Research Labs
- Aimee van Wynsberghe, assistant professor of Ethics and Robotics at TUDelft
- Karine Perset, OECD
and many others.
A hands-on exhibition showing the synergy between workers and AI/robots and inspiring people to think of machines enhancing workers instead of replacing them will be on show in parallel to the event just outside the conference room. Watch the webstreaming here.