Over a five-week period, members of the European Economic and Social Committee will visit the selected schools in their countries to prepare the students for "Your Europe, Your Say" (YEYS), the youth assembly which will take place in Brussels on 15-16 March 2018.
EESC members will work with the students in advance of the March meeting to prepare answers to some key questions concerning the future of European culture:
- What is European culture: is it just the sum of national traditions or are there common values that make us all Europeans?
- What is the role of culture and cultural exchanges in students' lives?
- What can the European Union do to promote culture (cinema, music, dance, literature, theatre, etc.) and better protect cultural heritage sites?
- What role could culture play in the economic rebirth of Europe's regions and cities?
- How can this rebirth give new opportunities to young people in terms of new jobs?
Known as "Your Europe, Your Say!" (YEYS), this event is organised by the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC), the voice of civil society at European level, and is the Committee's flagship event for young people. Through this initiative, the EESC ensures that the views, experiences and ideas of the younger generation are taken on board in EU policy making.(ks)