14:00 – Welcome coffee and registration
14:30 – Opening and presentation of the Platform
- Georges Dassis, President of the European Economic and Social Committee
- Violeta Bulc, Commissioner for Transport
- Kadri Simson, Estonian Minister of Economic Affairs and Infrastructure – for the Presidency
- Karima Delli, Chair of the TRAN Committee, European Parliament
- Presentation of the Platform by Madi Sharma, Member of the European Economic and Social Committee and rapporteur for the EESC opinion on Women and transport – Platform for Change
15:00 – Brainstorming session - What sort of actions would you like to see in the Platform?
- Small groups to come up with possible concrete actions (e.g. setting targets to increase employment of women; actions to make women aware of the job opportunities offered by innovation; effective initiatives to fight gender-based violence in the workplace and actions to improve the flexibility of work and so facilitate the work-life balance; other).
17:00 – Concluding remarks
- Pierre Jean Coulon, President of the TEN Section, European Economic and Social Committee
17:15 – Signing of the Declaration
17:30 – Cocktail reception
Interpretation remark: Please note that the working language in the brainstorming session will be English, with only opening and concluding remarks being interpreted from/into English and French.