9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Meeting room JDE 51
99 rue Belliard, 1040 Brussels
Chair for the hearing: Carlos Manuel Trindade President of the REX/480 Study Group
9.45 a.m. – 10.00 a.m. Introductory Remarks by Luca Jahier, rapporteur of EESC Opinion REX/480
10.00 am - 10.30 am SESSION I - "Perspectives from the European Parliament"
- Silvia Costa, Member of the European Parliament, Own initiative report co-rapporteur for 2016/2240(INI) Towards an EU strategy for international cultural relations
- Elmar Brok, Member of the European Parliament, Own initiative report co-rapporteur for 2016/2240(INI) Towards an EU strategy for international cultural relations
10.30 a.m. - 10.45 a.m. Coffee break
10.45 a.m. – 11.15 a.m. SESSION II - "The role of institutions in international cultural relations"
- Francesc Pla Castelltortort, Administrator, Division of Culture and Cultural Heritage, Directorate of Democratic Governance, Council of Europe
- Paolo Fontani, Director of the UNESCO Liaison Office in Brussels and UNESCO Representative to the European Institution, UNESCO
- Andrew Murray, Director of EUNIC, the European Union National Institutes for Culture
- Apostolos Tzitzikostas, rapporteur of the Committee of the Regions Opinion 'Towards an EU strategy for international cultural relations'
11.30 a.m. - 12.45 p.m. SESSION III – "Perspectives from civil society in international cultural relations"
- Jordi Pascual, Coordinator, Agenda 21 for culture, UCLG
- Mercedes Giovinazzo, Director of Interarts
- Katherine Heid, Head of Political Development at Culture Action Europe
- Ferdinand Richard, President of the Robert Cimetta Fund
12.45 p.m. – 1 p.m. Closing remarks by Luca Jahier