The conference will be chaired by the EESC president, Georges Dassis.
5.15 p.m.- 6.15 p.m.
- Philippe Morvannou will present the conclusions and recommendations of the Syndex study (commissioned by the EESC) on Combating climate change: putting a price on carbon on the basis of economic and social criteria.
Introduction by Joel Decaillon, deputy-president of Lasaire
- Representative of the European Commission
- Edouard Martin (S&D): MEP specialising in social affairs and the use of a carbon pricing system
- Montserrat Mir: member of the European Trade Union Confederation secretariat (ETUC) responsible for sustainable development and climate change
- Gabriele Bischoff: President of the EESC's Workers Group
- William Garcia: Executive director of the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC)
- James Nix, Director of Green Budget Europe
COP21, Zone bleue, EU Pavilion
Le Bourget, Paris, France