At a time when citizens are demanding broader involvement in shaping European policies, the EESC Civil Society Days are intended to be a public forum to connect European citizens, civil society organisations and European institutions for a debate about the defining task of our times and the most pressing challenge for Europe, namely "keeping our planet and people healthy". In other words, putting the European economy and society as well as the planet on a more sustainable path.
When delivering on the high expectations of its citizens, Europe must ensure that ecological and digital transitions are built on the values of solidarity and human rights, social justice, equality, education, culture, migration, democracy, participation and entrepreneurship.
Against this backdrop, the 2020 Civil Society Days will focus on the crucial question of how to build a sustainable future for European citizens.
Six interactive workshops will try to deliver answers by tackling key topics, such as:
- Multilevel Sustainable Democracy in Europe
- How can the European Green Deal foster true environmental sustainability?
- Youth activism to counter shrinking civic space and contribute to a sustainable future for Europe
- Social Economy: a way forward for youth entrepreneurship
- Socialising the European Green Deal
- Education and culture for a sustainable future for all