8.30 - 9.15: Registration / Welcome Coffee
09.15 – 10.15: Opening session
- Mr Malosse, EESC President
- Mr Frans Timmermans, First Vice-President of the European Commission - Presentation of the EC assessment report
- Ms Emily O'Reilly, European Ombudsman - Presentation of her ECI investigation
Debate with the audience
10.15-10.30: Coffee Break
10.30 – 12h20: ECI Review: how to renew and reset?
- Moderator: Bruno Kaufmann, editor-in-chief, people2power.info
- - Presentation and interview of the panelists (10”)
- - Online contributions by Local Teams (5”) Coordinated by the European Citizen Action Service (ECAS)
- - Table deliberations between participants (5”)
- - Debate/Q&A with panelists (10”)
- Chantal Cutajar, ECI "An end to front companies"
- Adiano Varrica, ECI "Stop vivisection"
- Madi Sharma, member of the EESC's ECI ad hoc group
- Online participation: MOVEBG, civil platform for collaboration and common action for shaping public policies
- Lionel Antunes, Luxembourgish Member of the Commission's ECI expert group
- Pauli Pekkanen, Finnish Member of the Commission's ECI expert group
- Beatriz Becerra, Member of the European Parliament PETI rapporteur on ECI
- György Schöpflin, Member of the European Parliament AFCO rapporteur on ECI
- Inga Reine, Chair of the Council's General Affairs working group
- Online participation: ManaBalss.lv, MyVoice: public participation platform in Latvia
- Andris Gobins, Member of the EESC's ECI ad hoc group
- Assya Kavrakova, Director of the European Citizen Action Service (ECAS)
- Christophe Rouillon, Member of the Committee of the Regions, rapporteur on Reconnecting Europe with its citizens – more and better communication at local level
- Online participation: ClicknSign, participatory democracy platform
12.20 - 12.30 Short introduction and explanation about the afternoon session
12.30 – 13.30 Lunch Break / Networking reception (Atrium 5 and Atrium 6)
13.30-14:15: Participatory Workshops session: Joined agenda creation
Facilitators: Anita Paalvast and Jan Nielsen
Gathering in circle before the "wall" with the open agenda for the workshops themes. Explanation on how to proceed and opening of the agenda for participants to post their workshop themes.
Selection of workshop themes around the three main themes:
Agenda-setting – Citizens' dialogue – Participative democracy
Themes are to be proposed "on the spot" by participants. The rapporteur will be the person who proposes the workshop themes.
Each rapporteur has to produce a recommendation (280 characters max) which will be voted upon.
1 workshop = 50 minutes (2 rounds of workshops possible)
14:15 – 15:50 Participatory Workshops' session
- Two rounds of workshops on the themes proposed by participants on the open agenda
- Participants who did not propose a workshop session join one in each of the two rounds that they want to contribute to.
- The theme proposer and the participants who join the session have a dialogue about the theme and create their recommendation together.
15.55-16.20: Break (the voting system is prepared)
16.20 – 17.30: Final session: ECI renewal and resetting
- Rapporteurs of the workshops pitch their recommendation
- Ranking of these recommendations by voting procedure
- Conclusions by Anne Marie Sigmund,EESC member, President of the ECI Ad Hoc Group