Chair: Marian Krzaklewski, EESC Member, President of Study Group for opinion "Amending the Internal Gas Market Directive"
- Pierre Jean Coulon, President of the Section Transport, Energy, Information Society of the EESC
9.35 Keynote speech
- Jerzy Buzek, Member of the European Parliament, Chairman of the Committee "Industry, Research and Energy" (ITRE) of the European Parliament
9.50 ''EU Gas Market Policy: How important are pipelines for Europe's energy security?
Baiba Miltoviča, Member of the EESC, Rapporteur for opinion "Amending the Internal Gas Market Directive"
- Jan Ingwersen, Secretary-General, ENTSO-G
- Garrett Blaney, President, Council of European Energy Regulators (CEER)
- Tomas Maltby, Lecturer, King's College London
- Antoine Simon, Friends of the Earth Europe
11.05 Coffee break
11.25 The implications of the amendment of the gas market directive: Investments, regulation, and external energy policies by EU and Member states?
Antonello Pezzini, Member of the EESC, Member of the study group for opinion "Amending the Internal Gas Market Directive"
- Michał Wilczynski, Freelance energy expert
- Ana Stanič, Director, E&A Law Limited
- Sebastian Barkowski, Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Representation of Poland to the EU
- Christian Schwarck, Deputy Director EU Affairs, International Oil and Gas Producers
12.40 Concluding remarks
- Florian Ermacora, Head of Unit 'Wholesale Markets electricity and gas', DG Energy, European Commission
- Baiba Miltovica, Member of the EESC, Rapporteur opinion "Amending the Internal Gas Market Directive"
Interpreting provided from EN, FR, DE, IT, PL, LV into EN, FR, PL, LV