This page is also available in
9.30 a.m. | Registration of participants
10 a.m. | Welcome address and introduction
- Joost van Iersel, President, Section for Economic and Monetary Union and Economic and Social Cohesion (ECO), European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- Plamen Dimitrov, EESC Rapporteur on Wealth Inequality in Europe and President of the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (CITUB)
Institutional perspectives: why should we care about wealth inequality?
- Karl Pichelmann, Senior Adviser in Charge of the Macroeconomic Dialogue, DG ECFIN, European Commission
- Aurel Schubert, Director-General for Statistics, European Central Bank (ECB)
- Javi López, Member of the European Parliament, rapporteur on "Combating inequalities as a lever to boost job creation and growth"
Wealth inequality in Europe: scenarios for the future
- Wiemer Salverda, Professor of Labour Market and Inequality, Amsterdam Centre for Inequality Studies, University of Amsterdam
- Wilfried Altzinger, Chair, Research Institute Economics of Inequality, Vienna University of Economics and Business
Wealth inequality in Europe: what policy response do we need?
- Esther Lynch, Confederal Secretary, European Trade Union Confederation
- Rebekah Smith, Senior Adviser Social Affairs, BusinessEurope
- Conny Reuter, Secretary-General, Solidar, and Co-Chair, EESC Liaison Group with Civil Society Organisations and Networks
Summary and conclusions
- Plamen Dimitrov, EESC Rapporteur on Wealth Inequality in Europe and President of CITUB
- Joost van Iersel, President of the ECO Section, EESC
1 p.m. | End of hearing
Wealth Inequality in Europe - programme