- welcomes the Commission proposal for a Council Directive to improve double taxation dispute resolution mechanisms in the EU.
- agrees with the Commission that double taxation is one of the biggest tax obstacles to the Single Market.
- recognises that eliminating double taxation is not by itself sufficient to create a level playing field in the area of taxation.
- is pleased that the proposed directive adds targeted enforcement blocks to address the main identified shortcomings in the Union Arbitration Convention.
- also welcomes the flexibility provided to Member States to agree bilaterally on a case by case basis to alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- would like to stress the urgency of implementing this proposal.