Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
It is my pleasure to invite you to the 554th EESC Plenary Session, the last of my mandate as President, which will take place on 16-18 September in a hybrid form.
On Thursday, September 17, we will hold an end-of-mandate ceremony with video messages from Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, David Sassoli, president of the European Parliament, Charles Michel, president of the European Council (tbc), Maroš Šefčovič, vice-president of the European Commission, and speeches from:
- Milena Angelova, EESC vice-president responsible for budget;
- Isabel Caño Aguilar, EESC vice-president responsible for communication;
- Klara Dobrev, vice-president of the European Parliament;
- Giuliano Da Empoli, writer and journalist, founding chairman of Volta think tank;
- and myself, as outgoing president.
We will also hold a farewell ceremony for all our outgoing members.
I will be glad to welcome you at our plenary session. To that end, I invite you to use this link, which will allow you to follow all the votes and discussions remotely.