The Directorate for Translation of the EESC/CoR organises its annual conference for DT staff on Friday 27 September from 9.00 to 13.00.
The conference will aim to offer insights into the ways in which social and digital media are effecting change on the translation profession - not only as regards the ways in which translators work, but in terms of how languages are viewed and used in online communications.
- Mr Paulo Dimas, Vice-President of Product Innovation, Unbabel
- Professor Renée Desjardins, Université de Saint-Boniface, author of Translation and Social Media: In Theory, in Training, and in Professional Practice
- Ms Dana Manescu, Head of Social Media and Visual Communication, DG COMM, European Commission
- Mr Philippe Gelin, Head of Sector Multilingualism, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Mr Achim Ladwig, Head of Unit Social and digital media, publications, European Committee of the Regions