9.00 – 9:30 a.m. Registration
9:30 – 9.45 a.m. Welcome
- Georges Dassis, President of the EESC
9.45 – 10.25 p.m. Keynote speeches
- Dominique Ristori, Director General, DG ENERGY, European Commission)
- Lauro Panella, Member of the Cabinet of the President of European Parliament
10.25 – 10.45 a.m. Coffee Break
10.45 – 11.45 p.m. Governing the Energy Union – From national binding targets to peer-group pressure
- Brian Curtis, Member of the EESC, Rapporteur of opinion "Energy Union Governance"
- Paula Pinho, Head of Unit, DG ENERGY, European Commission
- Claude Turmes, Member of the European Parliament
- Imke Luebbeke, Director of Climate Policy, WWF European policy Office
11.45 – 12.45 p.m. Empowering energy consumers – Between vulnerabilities and opportunities in the new markets
- Baiba Miltovica, Member of the EESC, Rapporteur of opinion "Energy Performance of Buildings"
- Klaus-Dieter Borchardt, Director, DG ENERGY, European Commission
- Monique Goyens, Director General, BEUC
- Frédérique Coffre, Vice-President of the National Energy Ombudsmen Network (NEON)
12.45 – 2.15 p.m. Lunch
2:15 – 3:15 p.m. Financing the energy transition – Between austerity and the Juncker Plan
- Ulrich Samm, Member of the EESC, Rapporteur of opinion "Clean Energy for All Europeans"
- Monica Peña Sastre, Policy Officer Energy and Climate Action Policy, European Investment Bank
- Ben Vorhoorst, President, ENTSO-E
- Kai Schlegelmilch, Green Budget Europe
3.15-4.15 p.m. Greening the economy – Innovations, prices & employment
- Alfred Gajdosik, Member of the EESC, Rapporteur of opinion "Electricity Market Design"
- Paula Abreu Marques, Head of Unit, DG ENERGY, European Commission
- Montserrat Mir, ETUC
- Kristian Ruby, Secretary-General EURELECTRIC
4.15-4:30 p.m. Coffee Break
4.30-5.25 p.m. State of the Energy Union now and in the future
- Tellervo Kylä-Harakka-Ruonala, Member of the EESC, Rapporteur of opinion "Second State of the Energy Union report"
- Thomas Pellerin-Carlin, Jacques Delors Institute
- Bruno Hranic, Member of the Committee of Regions, Rapporteur of opinion "Energy Union Governance"
5.25-5.30 p.m. Concluding remarks
- Michel Derdevet, Secretary-General, ENEDIS & Professor, Sciences Po Paris – College of Europe Bruges
- Pierre Jean Coulon, President of the TEN Section of the EESC
Interpreting provided from HR, EN, FR, DE into EN, FR, DE
@EESC_TEN - @EU_EESC