Statute for a European Mutual Society: views, role and contribution of civil society
- in accordance with the commitments it made at the Strasbourg event on social entrepreneurship, urges the Commission to move quickly to introduce the legislative proposal on the draft regulation on the Statute for a European Mutual Society;
- wishes the mutualist model to be recognised through a coherent European-level legal framework consistent with its economic weight and social role;
- recommends that the statute should be concerned with governance rather than activities, in order to maintain the wide variety of mutual societies;
- recommends that the statute should not aim to harmonise national laws and that it should be optional;
- calls for a precise timetable for the presentation and adoption of the draft Statute for a European Mutual Society to be made public.
Related EESC opinions:
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat.