2.30 p.m. – Opening remarks
- Luca Jahier, President of Group III "Variousinterests"
- Conny Reuter, Co-Chair of the LiaisonGroup
Moderator: Daniela Vincenti, Editor in chief at EURACTIV
2.45 p.m. – Presentation of the study The future evolution of civil society in the European Union by 2030 promoted by Group III "Various interests" and the EESC Liaison Group with European organisations andnetworks
- Goran Forbici, Director of the Centre for information service, cooperation and development of NGOs (Slovenia) – author of the study
- Dr Sabine Selchow, Civil Society and Human Security Research Unit, London School of Economics
3.45 p.m. – Roundtable discussion on the study
- Ramón Luis Valcárcel Siso, Vice-President in charge of the Relations with the EESC and CoR
- Ann Mettler, Head of the European Political Strategy Centre (EPSC- European Commission)
- Verena Ringler, Head of International Department, Stiftung Mercator, Essen (Germany)
4.30 p.m. – Reactions from the EESC Groups' Presidents
- Gabriele Bischoff, President of Group II"Workers"
- Jacek Krawczyk, President of Group I"Employers"
- Arno Metzler, incoming President of Group III "VariousInterests"