The next meeting of the Farmers’ Category is scheduled for 26 September 2017. In the morning, there will be a presentation of “Save the Landscape Forum” by Mario CATIZZONE, Referent Europa Soil Group, followed by a debate. In the afternoon, the category will take a look at what the EU Parliament expects from CAP post 2020 and the different budget scenarios together with Mr Czesław SIEKIERSKI, Chairman of the AGRI Committee of the European Parliament.
1. Adoption of the draft agenda
2. Soil=Life: the European Soil Dimension: presentation of Save the Landscape Forum by Mario Catizzone, Referent Europa Soil Group
3. Presentation by the rapporteur, Roomet Sõrmus, on the ongoing opinion Land use for sustainable food production and ecosystem services (exploratory opinion requested by the Estonian Presidency)
4. General debate on the CAP
1 p.m. – 2.30 p.m. / Lunch break
5. CAP, the need for a strong budget. The different budget scenarios. A look at what the European Parliament expects from the CAP post 2020
− Statement by Czesław Siekierski, Chairman of the European Parliament's AGRI Committee
− Debate with members
6. Any other business.
Interpreting requested from
N.B.: Members and experts are asked to sign the attendance list in order to ensure that their meeting expenses are refunded.
Members unable to attend the meeting are asked to give advance notice to their group secretariat so that interpreters do not attend unnecessarily.