The EESC/Eurofound joint conference held on 16.6.14 at the EESC aimed at focusing on the measures taken at European level to step up active inclusion and social investment.
The event enabled participants to look into the following questions...:
- Why is it important to aim for an integrated implementation of the three strands of active inclusion (adequate income support, inclusive labour markets and access to quality services)?
- The Social Investment Package ensures the follow-up to the Active Inclusion Strategy. How to ensure that Member States develop approaches that effectively integrate the three strands of the later?
- What role can the Europe 2020 Strategy and the European Semester play in making active inclusion and social investment happen?
- What more can the European institutions do to mainstream active inclusion and social investment in the Union's policies?
- What role can the social partners and civil society organisations play in promoting and implementing the necessary measures?
...and to conclude as follows: see full document below.